Wednesday, May 27, 2009

::cinemagic


Once in awhile, I wish my life could be magically transformed into a movie.

Naturally I'm well aware that our daily drudgery is not supposed to mirror the manipulated images we absorb in cinema, but a girl can dream.

When I'm really struggling with implementing change or newness into my daily routine, I wish that, instead of actually having to trudge through all the complicated awkwardness, I could just watch a short montage of myself, failing a few times and laughing at myself, then ultimately easing into the change with a seamless grace.

When confronted with a difficult conversation, I want a screenwriter to compose the perfect monologue I could deliver with just the right diction and emotive effects.

When my thoughts feel too convoluted to streamline into words, I want a voice-over to pluck out the most important ones and speak them aloud.

When my spirit is elevated to an unusual level of elation, I want the perfect jubilant symphony to accompany me as a personal soundtrack.




Perhaps these wishes indicate that I am a true "dreamer."
Or maybe I've just seen too many movies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails