Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Even better than the real thing


When I was in 11th grade, I liked a boy who loved U2.

As 16-year-old girls are prone to do, I lied to gain his favor, told him I liked them too.

I then raided my brother's CD collection and, to my pleasant surprise, found out I actually did like them. A LOT.

As the years passed, I developed a raging crush on Bono...his charisma, his smile, his sensitivity and compassion all proved irresistible.
I bought the ZOO TV Live concert on VHS and watched it over and over and over.

I paid $75 for floor "seats" to see them at Soldier Field in 1997 with my college roommate. I took the train to Chicago by myself to meet up with her, nearly giving my mother a life-threatening panic attack.
That night was one of the most magical I had ever experienced.


On Monday, I went to Detroit with Chris, Philip and James to see U2 3D at the Henry Ford Museum's IMAX theatre.
Amazing.
Surreal.
Magnificent
.

Second only to a personal concert in my living room.

See it, U2 fans.
You won't be sorry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails