Tuesday, February 12, 2008

[DON'T] let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It usually takes me approximately 15 minutes to drive to Wal*Mart.
Today?
It took 40.
Why?
The wintry four-lettered menace known as SNOW.

Okay, it makes things look pretty.
It facilitates calendar-caliber photographs.
It packs into cute little hand-held weapons for friendly rivalries.
It descends in specialized crystals, no two of which are alike.
I get all of that.

But when it's piled onto slick, icy roads upon which people are attempting to drive and not crash and die, that's when it becomes my arch-nemesis.

If I were in charge of the weather, I'd give the world a light dusting for Thanksgiving, a generous dump for a white Christmas, and maybe a slightly white New Year's Eve.
Otherwise, the White Menace would stay in the clouds where it belongs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails