Friday, August 26, 2011

::fill-ins

Sometimes, dear readers, a blogger needs a little help.

Hence, the Friday Fill-In.




I can't...

...seem to stop hanging out at Caribou Coffee.

The ambience reminds me of "Up North" Michigan, the employees are so friendly and sweet, coffee drinks are delicious, and the free wi-fi is readily accessible, reliable, and very quick.
Lately, it's my favorite hangout.

=====

I can...

...feel myself becoming more and more comfortable with calling Detroit "home."
This summer has solidified its magnetic pull on my spirit.
When I'm gone for too long, I'm homesick for its bipolar beauty.

=====

...__________ made me feel really good this week.

...The end-of-summer party I went to on Monday night made me feel really good this week.
It's an annual gathering hosted by my friend Kathy, and this was the first time I'd been included.
Lots of laughs, adorable cats, good wine, and an experimental Arnold Palmer (iced tea + lemonade) with a splash of gin.
Delicious.

=====

I bought...

...a few (cheap!) books at a Borders close-out sale yesterday.
Garrison Keillor's Good Poems, A.J. Jacobs' The Know-It-All, The Best American Spiritual Writing 2010, and The Electric Guitar: An Ilustrated Guide (a gift for Paul).
Total: $20.24.
Not too shabby, eh?

=====
My car..

...is sadly on its last legs. Last month's visit to the mechanic revealed that the engine cradle had rusted through.
A sturdy sheet of metal is welded on for now, but I know it won't be long.
Car-shopping when you're broke is seriously depressing.

=====

My bedtime ritual includes...

...lying in bed listening to podcasts on my iPhone.
God bless the Stitcher app.

=====

This weekend I will...

...go to see/hear my friend Kim play music in Ann Arbor, enjoy a block party in my neighborhood, and go with some very fun folks to Lake Erie Metropark for some watery shenanigans.

Et tu, dear reader?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails