Tuesday, August 23, 2011

::LL lessons

Last week, I spent a few more days back at Camp Lake Louise for the first-ever Special Needs week.
Our campers represented a wide range of special needs; Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Cognitive Impairment, etc.

What I was not entirely prepared for was, how much these people would teach me, how attached I would become, how intense our connections would be, or how much I would miss them after they left.

I feel as though I cannot tell stories of the week with words - no matter how finely sculpted - as effectively as my photos can, so I'd like to share a few...

[Also, you may want to listen to this song.]

Clarence, joyful as ever


Steven, Camper Extraordinaire


(Another) Steven, transfixed by the camera :)


Jenni introducing Erin


Campfire song leader, Hannah


Steven paints lovely trees...


...and loves giving kisses


Ron dances with Hannah


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails