Sunday, August 3, 2008

::disjointed

My niece - Emma Charlotte - is due in 8 days.
My poor sister-in-law - with her swollen feet and exhausted body - seems so ready.

===

I may never get used to the sight of little kids talking on cell phones.
There they are in their front yards playing catch, or riding their bikes down the street, or even holding their parents' hands in Wal*Mart...chattering away on cell phones.
Something about that image strikes me as sad.
I can't quite pinpoint it.

===

I turned off e-mail alerts from facebook three days ago.
Since then, my e-mail inbox has received one new message.
So funny.
I turned some back on because an empty inbox is too depressing.

===

My friend Alyssa has been in England for a study abroad program this summer, and I find myself drooling over her pictures.
I am a green-eyed monster.
European travel beckons me like a seductress.

===

My scars are looking better all the time, truly.
I still feel self-conscious and still "freak out" about them, but overall I ought to be thankful that they are looking healthy and actually shrinking.

===

"That's what she said" - while perhaps sophomoric, immature and pedestrian - makes me laugh.
I can't help it.
Hence, this reduced me to silly giggles:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails