Tuesday, June 5, 2012

::confession

Precious Lord, I praise You for Your new mercies every morning.

There is such chaos in my heart, swelling in my soul.
I confess:

...to my constant worry and anxiety, continuously doubting Your provision for my needs.
...that I eagerly elevate and bow before the idols of my own preferences and opinions.
...that in thought, word, and deed, I marginalize others with cruelty and judgment, refusing to see Your image reflected in them.
...that I have treated Your perfect commands as if they are mere suggestions.
...to the ways in which I have squandered precious gifts and blessings.
...to my own self-destruction and self-sabotage, an outgrowth of my failure to recognize my own value as Your beloved child.
...that I have neglected to treat Your Love for me as a Glorious reality.

Please restore unto me the joy of salvation, and renew a right spirit within me.
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be always pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails