Friday, December 16, 2011

::thefridayfive

Post a picture of the following and explain:

1. Yourself.
Do you like having your picture taken? Why or why not?
Do you have a "good side"?




I don't generally enjoy having my picture taken, no. 
Unless I'm taking it myself. 
And yes, there are angles and "sides" that are much more flattering than others. 
Any angle or viewpoint I can find that hides my raging double chin? That's a winner. 


2. Your pet(s).
What are their names?





I live in a house with pets, yes. 

I wouldn't say that they're mine, necessarily, but I do love them as my own. 
Pippin is the dog, a Maltese whom I sometimes believe is the Cutest Thing on Earth. 
And there are two cats, Peg-a-leg (she's got 3 legs) and Pumpkin, the latter of whom is ordinarily very shy, but has somehow warmed up to me. 
She stands at my door and meows when she wants attention and cuddles. I love it. 


3. Your favourite vacation spot.
Describe exactly where the picture is taken.
What's special about this place?





Myrtle Beach, SC in 2009 was the best vacation I've ever had. 
The photo above was taken at dawn on the first morning of our visit, from the balcony of our condo on the 11th floor. 
I had never been to the ocean before, and felt therefore mesmerized by its beauty, its sounds, its sheer magnitude and overpowering presence. 
Plus, my niece Emma was the most adorable beach babe ever. 



4. Your bedroom or favourite room in your home.
Explain or tell a story about some of the items in the room.







My favorite "room" is actually the backyard patio + garden. 
It's a beautiful and tranquil spot, ideal for reading, writing, visiting with loved ones and summer soirees.
I have written many a poignant word in this garden, and hope to write many more. 


5. One of your favorite pictures of all time, whether for artistic or sentimental reasons.
Why is this picture special to you?




This is Emma at Camp Lake Louise, and I love it so much because it captures an evening that was so special, so precious; one I shared with my dear friend Robin and my family.
The sun was just lilting downward in the sky as we walked out on the sandbar.
My brother Josh threw sticks out into the lake for the dogs to fetch, and Emma ran after them too.
We laughed so hard we cried, the dusky cornucopia of color enveloped us, my soul swelled with Love, and my heart fell prostrate with gratitude. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails