Monday, October 24, 2011

::yo where you been?

What's with the lack of blogging? Where have you been?

My friend Valerie, a regular reader (Hi Val! Thanks for reading!), asked me these questions last week.

Where have I been?

Well, I've had two major addictions fighting for top billing lately.
Pinterest and Instant Netflix.

Pinterest is, perhaps, the Internet's answer to heroin.
It leads me into these insomniac trances where all of a sudden it's 3 am and I'm like Holy crap, what year is it?
I highly recommend it, but also advise that you approach with extreme caution.

Also, Instant Netflix now features AMC original programming.
Mad Men and Breaking Bad, specifically.

Both shows boast supremely gifted actors, phenomenal characterization, fascinating premises, and wonderfully complex leading men.
All of those features and so much more are a recipe for addiction.
Again, they cause insomnia to the point where I'm lying in bed staring at my laptop and thinking, Just...one...more...episode...aaaand THEN I can go to sleep.

This is the sort of (pseudo-)logic that ultimately renders me zombie-esque and uninspired.

Hence, no updates for a while.

Also, I tend to write in spurts.
I'm not proud of it.
In fact, I kind of hate it.
But I can't seem to break away.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails