Monday, October 24, 2011

::all hallows

So, I had a busy weekend.
I like those.
They help me create the illusion of a social life.

Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...it's all I'm hearing about lately.
Is it terrible that I don't really care?
I love caramel apples and cider, I've had plenty of fun at past Halloween parties, and I could eat a whole bag of Brach's Autumn Mix candy in one sitting, but that's beside the point.
I admire people who have the motivation to craft elaborate, complex costumes.
I'm not one of them.
Last year for a Halloween party, I borrowed fake leaves from my mom, attached them to my autumn-colored outfit and stuck them in my hair, and went as Autumn.
Conceptual costume.
Dig it.


Whatever I do this year - if anything - I doubt it will involve anything as elaborate as p
apier-mâché or, God forbid, sewing.
I may just wear my long winter coat, slap on a backwards baseball cap, draw myself a black beard, and go as Silent Bob.
This will carry the added bonus of not having to speak all evening.
Sounds promising, n'est-ce pas?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails