Thursday, November 26, 2009

::merci beaucoup

Last Sunday evening, I gathered with my church family for our annual Thanksgiving service.
I was greeted by this breathtaking image:

My early arrival gave me the delightful opportunity to amble about, snapping shots of whatever moved me.




Many of us shuffled into the sanctuary with heavy hearts, riddled with anxiety over our pastor's serious illness.
As we shared with one another, speaking aloud to express the things for which we are thankful, I believe we were collectively reminded of how overstuffed with blessings we truly are.
Even in seasons of heavy emotional stress, we can still be thankful for the love and compassion drawn upward and outward, splashing on fellow sufferers roundabout us.

1 comment:

Kev said...

Beautiful :)

Oh, I'm following you on Twitter, btw, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails