Thursday, June 12, 2008

count your many blessings, count them one by one...

Good things lately:

+ On Friday, I had an excellent mail day. I got some "fashion specs" in a package from Annie, and also, a card from a lady at church whom I barely know. She had evidently heard from a friend about how I'd lost my job, because inside the card was a $100 bill. Amazing. I cried. On Sunday, I gave her a crushing hug and thanked her excessively. All she kept saying was "God is good."

+ I saw The Darjeeling Limited and thought it was excellent.

+ In Utah with Annie, we were watching season 4 of Dawson's Creek, and I loved it. I am now ordering it from Netflix, and I'm addicted. Why did I stop watching that show in season 2? ...Oh yeah, 'cause I thought I was "too old" for it. So much for that. Perhaps one is never too old for teen melodrama.

+ This week I've gotten a few actual responses from jobs I've applied for, and even when they're negative, like "I'm sorry, but I don't think you're right for this position..." I still appreciate it, because even a definite "no" is better than sitting around waiting and wondering.

+ I got some actual prescription glasses over the weekend, and cannot believe how much better I can see now. And I actually enjoyed my very first optometrist appointment (it didn't hurt that he's young and dreamy). Wal*Mart vision center was cheap and also offered a very pleasant experience. I love my new glasses. I can't stop taking self-portraits.

+ At Red Robin after church on Sunday, I had their Strawberry Ecstasy smoothie, and it was incredible. A new summer favorite. Maybe even better than the Frozen Mango at Panera.

+ Aimee's family shower is on Saturday. I am all about celebrating my niece's forthcoming arrival.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I did not realize you got real glasses...so much for the "fake" ones I guess:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails