Tuesday, December 7, 2010

::a face without freckles

Several weeks ago, I went with my friend Kim to a talent show.

One of Kim's voice students, Bailey, was slated to play and sing Natasha Bedingfield's song Freckles.

Although I had never met her, and never even heard the song before, I felt my eyes puddle with tears by the end of the performance.

Bear in mind, this girl is twelve.
Oh, if only I had internalized this timeless wisdom while I trudged through the treacherous corridors of middle school...


A face without freckles is like a sky without stars
Why waste a second not loving who you are
Those little imperfections make you beautiful, lovable, valuable,
They show your personality inside your heart
Reflecting who you are


Watch carefully...this precious girl's confidence grows as her amazing voice soars above all insecurity.



2 comments:

stephanielynn said...

She's only 12?!? That was fantastic! I want to give her a hug.

Αναστασία said...

Twelve! I know, right?!
I wanted to hug her too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails