A survey stolen from Tiffany:
Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
2. Amazon or brick and mortar?
-- I've never even heard of brick and mortar! I'll have to check that out.
3. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
-- Barnes & Noble
4. Bookmark or dog-ear?
-- I use makeshift bookmarks all the time...photographs, magazine subscription cards, etc.
5. Alphabetize by author or title, or random?
-- Alpha by author
6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
7. Keep dustjacket or toss it?
-- I keep it, but I usually remove it while reading
8. Read with dustjacket or remove it?
-- See above
9. Short story or novel?
-- I love books of short stories and/or essays
10. Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? -- I usually like collections better
11. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
-- Harry Potter, I suppose...although I only read about 1/3 of the first book
12. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
-- Whenever I'm tired, usually
13. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
-- Neither, actually
14. Buy or Borrow?
-- Both, usually...Heather and I love to trade
15. New or used?
-- Used is cheaper, but I usually buy new
16. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
-- Recommendations, usually; though I love to browse
17. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
-- Whatever serves the story best
18. Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading?
-- Ordinarily I'm a nighttime girl, especially because it helps me sleep...unless of course the book is too addictive
19. Stand-alone or series?
-- Usually stand-alone.
20. Favorite series?
-- The Chronicles of Narnia, probably...although when I was younger, it was The Baby-sitters Club, haha
21. Favorite children’s book?
-- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
-- I read a book when I was in 6th grade called What Happened to Mr. Forster? I loved it, but no one else seems to have ever heard of it...just found it here though!
23. Favorite books read in the last year?
-- Eat Pray Love ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
-- Sex God ~ Rob Bell
-- Into the Wild ~ Jon Krakauer
-- Choke ~ Chuck Palahniuk
24. Favorite books of all time?
-- An incredibly loaded question, too many to name, but here are a few:
-- She's Come Undone ~ Wally Lamb
-- White Oleander ~ Janet Fitch
-- Walden ~ Henry David Thoreau
-- A Grief Observed ~ CS Lewis
-- A Confederacy of Dunces ~ John Kennedy Toole
25. Least favorite book you finished last year?
-- If I don't like it, I don't finish it
26. What are you reading right now?
-- On the Road ~ Jack Kerouac
-- Velvet Elvis ~ Rob Bell (re-reading)
27. What is your secret guilty pleasure book(s)?
-- Every once in awhile I like to re-read the Judy Blume books I used to love as a kid
28. What book have you always wanted to read but not had time to?
-- Anna Karenina ~ Leo Tolstoy
29. What book do you hate the most that you've read all the way through?
-- When I read Jane Eyre for AP English in high school, I despised it. I appreciate it more now.
30. What are you reading next?
-- The Road ~ Cormac McCarthy